Your organization can rely on ARC Specialties biggest strength: our employees. Stop by for a visit and see the ingenuity and hard work of the staff in action. The people here are the reason that ARC Specialties is a leader in the automation marketplace.
You will benefit from the ARC team’s carefully planned structure; with vertical integration, you can customize your project from start to finish. From the machine shop to the paint job to the final system programming, the people of ARC Specialties are ready to solve your most challenging automation issues.
Included in the ARC Specialties team are:
- Electrical Designers
- Project Managers
- Mechanical Designers
- Weld and Process Developers
- CAD Designers
- Training Experts
- Service & Maintenance Professionals
- Sales & Marketing Professionals
Dan Allford – President of ARC Specialties
- B.S. Manufacturing Technology, University of Houston
- 33 years as President and Owner of ARC Specialties
- Holds several patents in the field of welding automation
- Life member of the American Welding Society, as well as a member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers, American Society for Metals and the Houston Economics Club
- Serves as guest speaker at the University of Texas, Texas A&M, LeTourneau University, Lone Star College, Houston Community College and professional society meetings around the country.
- Phone: (713)-631-7575, ext. 1201
- Email: email@example.com
John Martin – Vice President of Engineering
- Phone: (713)-631-7575, ext. 1111
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Services Team
Dave Hebble – Technical Services Manager
- B.S. Welding Engineering, LeTourneau University
- 37 years experience as application engineer with ESAB Welding and Cutting Products
- Experience in multi-wire SAW, one-sided welding, plasma cutting, plasma gouging, plasma welding, GMAW, Pulsed GMAW, GTAW, FCAW, and oxyfuel cutting
Dick Holdren, BSWE, IWE, SCWI, ASNT Level III
- B.S. Welding Engineering, The Ohio State University
- Over 35 years experience as welding engineer and welding inspection: welding standards interpretation and application, analysis, procedure development, failure analysis, expert witness testimony, mechanical testing, nondestructive examination, and training in most of these technical areas
- Senior Certified Welding Inspector, ASNT Level III (MT, PT, & UT), IIW International Welding Engineer, Chairman, AWS Technical Activities Committee, Member of AWS, ASNT, ASTM, Practical Welding Today Editorial Review Committee
Randy Ellington – Process Specialist
- A.A.S Welding Technology, TSTC Waco
- 13.5 years experience in Thermal Spray Industry: HVOF, Spray & Fuse, Plasma, Twin Wire Arc, Oxyfuel
- Expert in following processes: SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, HW-GTAW, SAW, PTAW, Carbon Arc Gouging, Plasma Arc Gouging
Jim Walker, CWI – Weld Technologist
- A.A.S Welding Technology, TSTC Waco
- 9 years experience as Weld Technologist in Process Development: Fanuc Robotics, ABB Robotics, GMAW, HW-GTAW, Pulsed GMAW, CMT, PTAW, SAW, multi-wire GMAW & SAW, Plasma Arc Gouging
Peter Loos, Ph.D.
- B.A. Physics, M.S. and Ph.D. Materials Science, Rice University
- 27 years industrial experience at Baker Hughes and Texas Instruments in diverse areas of engineering and R&D including: general metallurgical testing, fracture mechanics, hydrogen embrittlement, fatigue, adhesive wear, failure analysis, semiconductor processing, design of experiments, statistical process control, and quality & reliability assurance. Published several papers and was awarded two patents.
- 11 years at Rice University teaching Crystallography and Diffraction, Microscopy, Thin Films, Introduction to Materials Science, Engineering Mechanics, and Mechanical Engineering Capstone Design Project
Paulo Emygdio, D.Sc.
- Metallurgical Engineer, M.Sc. and D.Sc. Materials Science, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro UFRJ/COPPE
- 30 years experience as a metallurgical expert and developer
- 20 years as a TECMETAL consultant, working on materials design selection and specification; materials and/or fabrication procedures qualification; failure analysis; on site inspection and structural integrity analysis; evaluation of corrosion behavior; product or process research and development and training
- 20 years teaching at Engineering Post Graduation Courses
Annelise Zeemann, D.Sc.
- Mechanical Engineer, Rio de Janeiro University UERJ, M.Sc. and D.Sc. in Materials Science, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro UFRJ / COPPE
- 25 years experience as a welding engineer working for oilfield companies
- 20 years as a TECMETAL consultant, working on materials design selection and specification; materials and/or fabrication procedures qualification; failure analysis; on site inspection and structural integrity analysis; corrosion evaluation; product or process research and development; and training
- 20 years supervising Post Graduation Welding Engineer Courses in Brazil
- 5 years at UFRJ teaching Welding Technology for Graduation Courses at the Oceanic Engineering Department
Peter Kuznetsov, Ph.D.
- M.S. and Ph.D. Welding Engineering
- Over 33 years process development experience
- 23 years experience as welding process developer including 10 years in R&D at E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute and National Technical University of Ukraine ”KPI” working on magnetically impelled arc butt welding process and equipment. Published 11 welding articles and was jointly awarded 11 patents of the former Soviet Union and one USA patent.
- 5 years experience in developing hardfacing technique, materials and equipment for bulk welding at Triten, Houston
- 5 years at Welding Department of National Technical University of Ukraine ”KPI” teaching Resistance and Flash-butt Welding for students and welding process developers from developing countries (UNIDO Courses)