This Robotic Hardbanding System is an automatic welding machine that is used for applying tungsten carbide to tool joints and pipe. The project was completed in Summer 2016, and is available for purchase from ARC Specialties in Houston, Texas.
- A dry run in the video demonstrates the torch movement during the weld program.
- Included here is a 3-jaw-self-centering manual actuated chuck.
- This Robotic Hardbanding System uses touch sense to calculate the diameter of the part.
- The system then changes the speed of rotation of the part to match that diameter.
- The laser in this system is used to show where the first bead will be welded on the part.
- The torch cleaning station automatically cleans the nozzle, applies anti-spatter, and can be programmed to clean at any interval.
- The carbide refill station includes semi-automatic feeder calibration and a water-cooled carbide nozzle integrated into the torch gas cup.
Robotic cells built by ARC Specialties may be customized with other robotic applications like TIG or MIG welding, plasma cutting, plasma transfer arc welding, and other manufacturing processes.