Robotic Milling Demonstration - ARC Specialties
Robotic Milling Demonstration
- This KUKA Robot is holding a PushCorp Servo Weld Shaver
- This system can be used for welds with weld reinforcements up to 3 inches wide.
- The Servo Weld Shaver has options for manual or automatic depth-of-cut adjustment.
- Because it’s on a robot, it’s easy to keep the milling head perpendicular to the weld, such as on this complex shape—a spiral welded pipe.
- When equipped with the remote adjust option, the user has the ability to adjust the depth of the cut on the fly, via the KUKA robot.
- Here we are demonstrating the ability of the robot to remove the weld reinforcement from the inside of the pipe.